Mobile Devices

Recent Articles

  • NFV Platform Battle Plays Out at Mobile World Congress

    As service providers of all stripes gathered at the Mobile World Congress 2017 conference in Barcelona, many of them suddenly realized that they are falling behind the technological curve. Customers demanding more agile delivery of services are pressuring service providers to modernize their IT architecture at a much faster rate. Most service providers have been…

  • Digital Business Initiatives Transform Mobile Usage

    Two distinct classes of opportunities are emerging in the mobile computing space for solution providers. The first is a more difficult, mature market in which solution providers compete fiercely on price for everything from mobile computing devices to the hardware that connects those devices to the internet and corporate networks. The second is a more…

  • Samsung Expands Its Partner Alliance Program

    Samsung Electronics America (SEA) has expanded its alliance program to include technology platform partners and system integrators to improve its delivery of vertical-specific mobility solutions. The company also expanded the benefits for independent software vendor (ISV) partners, which now include earlier access to new product launches and new technologies. Under the alliance, Samsung and its…

  • How Channel Can Help Customers Cut Mobile Costs

    By Graham Bevington With more employees traveling and working from home, mobile technology in the enterprise has never been more important. The market has created a unique opportunity for resellers to become key mobility resources for organizations to rely on, particularly as the growing mobile marketplace transforms and we see further developments in the industry…

  • Malware Risk Grows Across Mobile Devices, Platforms

    Mobile malware Mobile Malware Infections on the Rise Android OS takes the top spot as the most targeted mobile platform, as malware infections hit an all-time high, a new report from Nokia shows. Mobile Security Trouble Spot Smartphone infections accounted for 78% of the infections detected in the mobile network. The remaining 22% are related…

  • Mobile Ransomware Threat Continues to Climb

    Ransomware Mobile Ransomware Threat Continues to Climb Quick Heal Technologies found that a large leap in ransomware detection, at 200 percent, occurred in the second quarter of 2016 compared with the first quarter. Mobile Ransomware Spike Mobile ransomware detection increased 200% in Q2 2016, which amounts to nearly 50% of all ransomware detected in 2015.…