CGI is a multinational IT and business consulting services firm with over four decades of experience delivering industry insight, expertise, and managed services for business clients.
With a workforce of 82,000 across 400 locations, CGI has an extensive global footprint and a partner ecosystem that includes the world’s top IT companies. CGI recently made our list of leading enterprise IT channel partners because of its sheer size, financial strength, and range of services for end-to-end IT management and web-based solutions. Serving over 20 industries, CGI offers its proprietary solutions and services for business, systems integration, business processes, infrastructure, and more.
This profile offers a look at CGI services and solutions, target markets, user opinion, industry recognition, and current financial position for potential channel partners to evaluate.
CGI Solutions and Services
CGI Solutions are the company’s almost 100 proprietary products and services offered to clients beyond traditional consulting and managed services. Featured solutions include:
- Collections360: managed services for debt collection
- Advantage: enterprise resource planning solution
- Trade360: software, infrastructure, and support for global trading financial firms
- OpenGrid360: enterprise data management and system integration
- All Payments: modular architecture of products for payments processing operations
The company’s dedicated business consultants offer expertise in business strategy, customer value, operational excellence, human-centered transformation, and digital leadership via industry CIO agendas. CGI consultants provide personalized insight into hardening end-to-end capabilities through close collaboration with clients. CGI’s experts understand industry-specific needs and opportunities to help clients optimize their IT infrastructure and processes.
Read more: Best ITSM Tools & Software for MSPs
As the supply chain comes under scrutiny, orchestration of the hardware, software, and applications within hybrid IT environments is crucial. A longtime systems integrator, CGI has extensive experience helping clients integrate critical data from traditional and emerging technology sources. CGI approach to systems integration today includes:
- Integrated security for productivity, data integrity, risk management, and compliance
- Global delivery network to establish and scale digital services across continents
- IP-based solutions including over 175 reusable enterprise applications for clients
Managed IT Services
As organizations address an increasingly complex IT environment, MSPs offer a competitive advantage in business agility. CGI recognizes this and sees its IT managed service solutions as an extension of its client’s infrastructure.
With a global network of 32 delivery centers, the company can provide a governance model, IT service metrics, continuous improvement, innovation, and the framework, processes, and tools needed for global organizations.
CGI’s application management services emphasize how crucial the software used by organizations is to its ultimate success. The company’s application solution stack includes:
- Application development to optimize apps and drive strategic business outcomes
- Application portfolio management for evaluating apps against technology objectives
- Quality assurance and testing to minimize risk and fulfill service-level requirements
- Application modernization to maximize existing apps and objectives
- DevOps transformation for fast, flexible, and reliable end-to-end IT delivery approach
CGI helps clients with hybrid cloud IT and DevOps environments to build the next generation of IT infrastructure. The company’s IT architecture experts work with clients to harden security, establish a sustainable governance framework, enable business process automation, and optimally blend new, hybrid technologies with essential legacy systems.
Business Process Services
CGI Business Process Services (BPS) uses data insights, industry expertise, and intelligent automation to deliver smart operations for clients. Through the company’s mature, rapid deployment technology, organizations can access tools like a global delivery model and omnichannel services to drive operational success. CGI has over three decades of experience in business process management, with services today offered by 10,000 BPS professionals working across 40 languages.
CGI’s target markets include:
- Banking, capital markets, and insurance
- Communications and media
- Energy and utilities
- Government, healthcare, space, and life sciences
- Manufacturing, retail, and consumer services
- Transportation and logistics
Innovation and Research
Meeting the evolving needs of companies across industries means being on top of the latest trends. CGI’s research includes industry reports for target markets and annual findings on interviews with almost 1,700 industry executives.
The 2021 CGI Voice of Our Clients data presented findings like:
- Top industry trends include the move towards digitalization, change management, supply chain optimization, cost control, and cybersecurity awareness.
- Top business priorities across industries include customer experience, new products and services, and digitization.
- Top IT priorities across industries include modernizing IT, business process improvement, cybersecurity challenges, and application rationalization.
Industry Recognition and Reviews
Gartner Magic Quadrant and Peer Insights
|Enterprise Asset Management||2019||Niche Player|
|Data Center Outsourcing and Hybrid Infrastructure Managed Services||2018||Niche Player|
|Application Testing Services||2018||Niche Player|
CGI holds over 40 client reviews across a handful of solution categories on Gartner Peer Insights, including:
- Enterprise Asset Management Software
- Application Testing Services
- Oracle Application Services
- SAP Application Services
In customer reviews, clients highlight clear documentation for onboarding, access to quality, dedicated professionals, and the strength of the vendor-client relationship.
|Worldwide Digital Strategy Consulting Services||2021||Major Player|
|Professional Services for Government Citizen Experience (Europe)||2021||Major Player|
|Digital Transformation Services Providers (EMEA Oil & Gas Industry)||2020||Major Player|
|Worldwide Integrated Payment Platforms||2020||Major Player|
|Worldwide Retail Co-Innovation Services Providers||2020||Major Player|
The enterprise IT solution provider has an extensive network of some of the biggest and well-known IT vendors across industries with over 150 technology partners. Boasting a partner agnostic approach, CGI associates strives to give clients a range of options to fit their specific needs.
|Featured Partners||AWS, Automation Anywhere, BluePrism, Google, Microsoft, Salesforce, SAP, ServiceNow, and UiPath.|
|Notable Partners||Adobe, Cisco, Apple, Cloudera, CA Technologies, Citrix, Dell, F5 Networks, Esri, Gartner, Infor, Hitachi, Huawei, GitHub, Opentext, MuleSoft, Oracle, NetApp, Pentaho, PEGA, RSA, RedGat, Qlik, SAP, Slack, Snowflake, SolarWinds, Splunk, Talend, Tableau, and VMware.|
Read more: Best Help Desk Tools for MSPs
CGI: Company Background
Founded in 1976 in Quebec City by Serge Godin and André Imbeau, CGI is an abbreviation for “Conseillers en Gestion et Informatique” or, in English, “Consultants to Government and Industry.” CGI’s earliest services included IT consulting, systems integration, and outsourcing.
Over four decades later and the Canadian enterprise IT partner has a global presence with 82,000 consultants and professionals across 400 offices in 40 countries.
Growth, Acquisitions, and Financials
CGI’s growth over the years is due to its 17 acquisitions. The company added Bell Sygma in 1998 and IMRGlobal in 2001 to more than double the company’s size. CGI continued to extend its global footprint by acquiring American Management Systems (2004), Stanley Inc (2010), and Logica (2012).
In 2021, CGI reported annual revenue of almost $9.6 billion, and the company’s market capitalization currently stands just short of $20 billion.
Also read: Top Cloud and Application Migration Tools