Toshiba Adds 128 GB of SSD Storage to the Portege Product LineBy Frank Ohlhorst | Print
In the ongoing battle to make notebooks as thin and light as possible, Toshiba forges ahead of the competition with the latest iteration of the Portege, the R500-S5007V.
When a small PC demands a big price, something interesting must be going on. In Toshiba’s case, the small notebook is the Portege R500-S5007V, and the price is $3,000. At just 2.4 pounds, the R500 is one of the lightest machines to grace the market, especially when one considers that the Portege is a two-spindle unit that offers 128 GB of storage.
So what does $3,000 actually buy you? Perhaps the best way to answer that question is with a chart:
· Windows Vista™ Business With XP Downgrade option.
· Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor U7700- 1.33GHz, 2MB L2, 533MHz FSB
· 2048 MB of PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM
· 128 GB Serial ATA solid state drive
· 12.1-inch diagonal widescreen high brightness display
· 1280 x 800 (WXGA) - Transreflective backlit LED
· Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950
· 7mm, 8xDVD-SuperMulti (+/-R Single Layer) drive supporting 9 formats
· Intel® Wireless Wi-Fi Link 4965AGN
· Intel® PRO/1000 - 10/100/1000 Ethernet
· Bluetooth® 2.0 + EDR
· Finger Print Reader, Password Security, Security Cable Lock Slot
· Microphone, monaural speaker, microphone jack, stereo headphone jack
· 1-Type II PC Card Slot, 1-SD Slot, 3-USB (2.0)
· 85 key U.S. keyboard, TouchPad pointing device, Toshiba Outdoor Display Switch.
· 3-Year Standard Limited Warranty