Programs that benefit partners, tooBy Jessica Davis | Posted 2008-10-22 Email Print
New portals? Better training materials? Deal registration? Lead management? Channel chiefs have an array of options to choose from when deciding where to focus their resources for the year ahead. Will they choose the path of least resistance, and what will it mean to you?
While investment in effectiveness is the bread and butter of maintaining infrastructure, according to Blueroads, the PRM vendor contends that effectiveness-focused activities are where channel executives should focus in 2009 to boost revenues through the channel. Those programs benefit partners too, the company said, pointing out that:
• Partners (generally) don’t benefit from vendor investments in recruitment
• The path to revenue from new partners (recruitment) is too long to influence 2009 revenues
• Better enabling existing partners is a much more effective approach
• Partners don’t benefit from vendor efficiency
• If vendors invest in partners, they should hold them accountable, too.
Nearly all tech service providers are planning to leverage 5G techn...