Managed Service Providers Find Strength in NumbersBy Pedro Pereira | Posted 2009-02-09 Email Print
WEBINAR: Event Date: Tues, December 5, 2017 at 1:00 p.m. ET/10:00 a.m. PT
How Real-World Numbers Make the Case for SSDs in the Data Center REGISTER >
Managed services is the fastest growing and most profitable segment of the IT channel, but adapting to the business model, delivery systems and marketplace remains elusive. These managed service communities provide the resources and support that will benefit any managed service provider.pagebreak=FocusOnMSP}
FocusOnMSP came about in response to requests by managed service providers and their end users for CompTIA to provide them with managed services-related resources. Launched in early 2008, FocusOnMSP is a Web portal that gives members access to up-to-date research, information and tools needed to run a successful managed services business. The site also contains information directed at end-users about the benefits of implementing managed services.
MSPs, IT vendors with MSP-related products and services, and end users investing in managed services.
CompTIA charges fees for membership, but access to FocusOnMSP is free.
Users of FocusOnMSP gain access to a range of tools and information resources, including:
- Research studies and Web-based surveys providing insight on up-to-date industry trends design to help make sound business decisions.
- Managed Services ROI Sales Tool, a calculator designed to show customers the value of managed services.
- Forums to discuss sales tactics, human resource issues and various other topics; as well as offer ask questions about running a managed services business.
- Blogs by industry insiders discussing relevant trends and business practices.
- A directory of managed services-related vendors
- Case studies, success stories, articles, newsletters and podcasts about managed services topics.
The CompTIA Security Trustmark, which is relevant to managed service providers offering security services. The Trustmark requires competency in areas such as firewall, antivirus and spyware technologies, setting password policies, vulnerability assessment, data encryption, and physical and hardware security.
CompTIA hosts its Managed Services Summit, a conference that brings together senior-level executives from top MSPs, solution providers, IT vendors and distributors. Breakaway, the annual conference for CompTIA members, includes educational tracks on managed services topics.