Salary Averages for Top Tech Jobs
Do tech professionals who earn project management certifications really earn more money? That’s what Dice Learning found in a recent survey of 17,000 tech professionals. Dice ranked the 10 Top Tech Certifications to Boost Your Salary from data from the survey.
Dice executives told Channel Insider that it was impossible to tell how much a particular certification would mean in terms of salary, but the organization did provide some national averages of salaries tied to particular jobs that are connected to certain certifications.
For example, project managers on average made $103,437, and these jobs are often tied to the PMP certification on Dice Learning’s list.
Here are some others:
- Technical support: $51,193 (A+ certification)
- Network engineer: $60,791 (Network+ or CCNA certification)
- Security analyst: $73,659, or Security engineer: $123,443 (CISSP and Security+ certifications)
- Systems administrator: $71,576 (MCSA certification)
- ITIL expert: $97,332 (ITIL certification)
"Not all certifications are created equal in terms of paycheck impact," said Evan Lesser, director of Dice Learning, in a statement. "While nearly half of all technology professionals have at least one certification, a minority attributed pay increases to certification. When you combine in demand skill-sets and proven salary impact, specific certifications become valuable to individual technology professionals."