Five Business Technology Predictions for 2015By Gina Roos | Posted 2014-12-24 Email Print
Re-Thinking HR: What Every CIO Needs to Know About Tomorrow's Workforce
NEWS BRIEFS: In addition to NetEnrich's 2015 forecast, this week's coverage includes Digium's master agent agreement, JDA's deals with eight resellers, and more.
Five Business Technology Predictions for 2015
NetEnrich shared five IT predictions that will lead the infrastructure and operations teams of enterprise IT in 2015. These trends "are emerging as a result of disruptive and innovative technologies such as big data, cloud computing, mobility, social and virtualization," stated Raju Chekuri, CEO of NetEnrich, a provider of automation-enabled services.
- IT Embraces Digitalization: To keep up with the pace of innovation and the demands of the business and customers, IT must have clear visibility into business processes, its key performance indicators on the organization, as well as the apps that run these business processes and the related infrastructure.
- Disruptive Technologies Create Modern IT Infrastructures: The advent of big data and mainstream adoption of cloud, mobile, social and software-defined data center solutions will enable enterprise IT to create and effectively manage modern IT infrastructure.
- IT Departments Become Service Providers: To create and support this new IT infrastructure, IT departments will leverage third-party technologies and providers to support the day-to-day operations and focus the internal team on innovation, development and service, with the goal of becoming more strategic to the business as a service provider.
- IT Automation Begins to Dominate: Businesses will leverage technology and third-party providers to automate and manage IT operations and workflows, removing routine maintenance from the "to do" list and focusing on using IT to accelerate business growth and become an enabler for the varying business units within the company.
- Niche Providers Get Noticed: In 2015, niche technology and service providers will become binding agents for building a modern IT infrastructure. Market expertise, interoperability and integration will be paramount in evaluating these providers.
Digium Signs Sandler Partners as Master Agent
Digium has signed a Master Agent agreement with Sandler Partners, a telecommunications master agency based in Hermosa Beach, Calif. As a Master Agent in the Digium Cloud Agent Program, Sandler Partners' agents have the opportunity to expand their portfolios with Digium's Switchvox Cloud Unified Communications (UC) phone system. Switchvox Cloud is a full-featured UC cloud solution that offers an "all features included" pricing model that makes it easier to select and deploy an advanced business phone system, said the company. Cloud agents will offer the Switchvox Cloud and SIP trunking services to small and midsize businesses.
JDA Inks Deals With Eight Resellers
The eight new resellers are Accelogix, Advantage2Retail (A2R), Bridge Solutions Group, Open Sky Group, Plantensive, Retail Process Engineering (RPE), Snapshot Design and Vaco Supply Chain Solutions.
X4 Solutions Joins ANPI Premier Partner Program
ANPI, a provider of hosted unified communications (UC) solutions, announced that X4 Solutions, a master agency, has joined the ANPI Premier Partner Program. The master agent will sell the ANPI VIP hosted unified communications through its nationwide network of sales partners. The X4 sales partners will benefit from the new ANPI Premier Partner Program launching in 2015.
New additions to the program include a fully automated Operations Support System/Business Support System (OSS/BSS) for supply chain and customer management, a service installation guarantee, a marketing and training resource center, a multi-level commission structure, sales promotions and agent incentives.