Bull's Eye Awards Methodology and Judging PanelBy Channel Insider Staff | Print
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
The following is the methodology Channel Insider used in selecting the winners of the 2009 Bull's Eye Awards.
The Channel Insider Bull’s Eye Awards is a community-based, subjective recognition of excellence in vision and performance among members of the North America channel community.
Channel Insider accepted nominations in 22 categories, for which we received nearly 500 nominations. Based on the submissions, some of the categories were divided into new groups. Awards were conferred in the 28 categories listed on Bull’s Eye Awards homepage.
Three winners were named in each category except for Newcomer of the Year. The three levels of winners are:
CHAMPION: This award recognizes the person, vendor or organization that typifies channel excellence, outperforming all other nominees.
CONTENDER: This award recognizes a vendor or individual that demonstrates the qualities and characteristics of excellence in channel performance and commitment.
CHALLENGER: This award recognizes a vendor or individual that exhibits admirable qualities and momentum that shows promise for future success.
Winners in each category were chosen by a consensus of the judging panel. Each category was judged independently, and award wins in one category had no bearing on the selection of winners in subsequent categories. Judges that were nominated for awards did not have a vote in the selection of their categories.
Channel Insider would like to thank the time and effort volunteered by the judging panel.
- Lawrence M. Walsh, vice president and publisher, Channel Insider
- Carolyn April, editor, Channel Insider
- Jessica Davis, senior editor, Channel Insider
- Chris Gonsalves, senior correspondent, Channel Insider
- Diana Krakora, president, Amazon Consulting
- Beth Vanni, director of market intelligence, Amazon Consulting
- Jerry Koutavas, president, The ASCII Group
- John Marks, managing director, Coach Capital
- Dave Sobel, Channel Insider contributor and CEO of Evolve Technologies
Channel Insider would also like to thank Kathleen Martin for creating and managing the nomination process. Without her generous support, these awards would not have been possible.