Goals for 2009 and 2010By Jessica Davis | Posted 2008-10-22 Email Print
New portals? Better training materials? Deal registration? Lead management? Channel chiefs have an array of options to choose from when deciding where to focus their resources for the year ahead. Will they choose the path of least resistance, and what will it mean to you?
Twenty-three percent of channel executives said that "recruiting more partners in existing markets" is their number one goal for their channel organization during the next 12 to 24 months.
Other responses to the "top goals" question included the following:
• Help partners accelerate sales cycles 17.8 percent
• Expand market reach 10.8 percent
• Rebuild/improve partner training 7.5 percent
And most vendors who responded to the survey said they do require various types of data/reporting from their channel partners. The following are the most common types of reporting required of channel partners:
• Deal status/pipeline reporting 64.9 percent
• Marketing plans for co-op/MDF funds 59.5 percent
• Deal registration 59.5 percent
• Closed business 45.9 percent
• Lead acceptance 43.2 percent
• Results/leads/ROI from marketing 32.4 percent