Managed Service Providers Find Strength in NumbersBy Pedro Pereira | Print
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
Managed services is the fastest growing and most profitable segment of the IT channel, but adapting to the business model, delivery systems and marketplace remains elusive. These managed service communities provide the resources and support that will benefit any managed service provider.pagebreak=MSP Partners}
MSP Partners was founded in January 2007 by Level Platforms, Microsoft, Ingram Micro, Intel and Cisco Systems with goal of educating solution providers about the benefits of managed services and how to implement them successfully, according to executive director Jim Hamilton. The organization also assists members in taking the first step into managed services, providing new growth strategies for more mature MSPs and sharing best practices.
MSP Partners as grown into an alliance of more than 20 well-known IT companies, including Cisco Systems, Microsoft, Autotask, ConnectWise, Do IT Smarter, TigerPaw and Untangle.
MSP Partners’ basic membership fee is $49 a year.
The organization doesn’t have a strict set of qualifications for, but its programs and services target solution providers and IT vendors interested in managed services as a business model.
MSP Partners members gain access to a number of educational and business development resources, which include the following:
- Five exclusive on-demand videos that cover the latest business, implementation and go-to-market strategies for managed services
- A profitability comparison and benchmarking tool members use to contrast their business with and learn from best-in-class MSPs. (The tool costs $495 tool without a membership.)
- Access to CompTIA online resources and exclusive discounts on CompTIA membership.
- Discounts on ASCII Group annual memberships.
- A Resource Center with content from industry thought leaders on various managed services topics such as marketing, sales, operations and business strategy.
- Case Studies about successful service providers that illustrate how to achieve success in managed services.
- A vendor showcase of managed services-related products and tips on how to leverage current and emerging technologies.
- Recently announced "masters" membership level, which includes access to exclusive educational content and support resources.
MSP Partners hosts an annual virtual tradeshow.