HP Integrates 3Com Technology, Channel Program, in War Against CiscoBy Jessica Davis | Print
HP offered more details on product integrations and partner program offerings with 3Com following the completion of its acquisition of the networking company. HP's addition of 3Com adds networking, voice, security and other technologies to its portfolio. HP, Cisco, IBM and others are promoting a single-vendor strategy to customers looking to gain efficiency and power savings in the data center.
HP offered further details on its product and reseller channel
partner program integration with 3Com at a news conference April 19
that came days after the company completed its acquisition of the
networking and security company.
Executives said they see an enormous opportunity from the partner
ecosystem of the two companies as HP adds 3Com's existing partner
program into its own HP PartnerOne program. With the partner programs
of both companies, executives said that the new HP would be able to
increase its coverage and address a broader market set.
In addition, executives said that it would bring the best of breed in each of the companies’ channel partner programs together into a merged partner program that would be communicated to channel partners in the weeks to come.
Further, HP said that no HP channel reseller partners would be pressured to stop carrying Cisco products.
Other plans included the following:
- Merging together HP and 3Com solutions.
- Leveraging partnership ecosystem within the telco space to "deliver comprehensive solutions" in much the way the company is doing with Alcatel.
- Development of Fibre Channel over Ethernet in the company’s labs.
- Continue to pursue storage networking solutions.
- HP Procurve will transition to the Eseries portfolio.
- HP certification program will be enhanced and accelerated.
- No plans to add storage networking solutions, but will continue to offer through technology partnerships.
- Voice market represents an attractive and large market where the company believes it has good partnerships that will ultimately prove to be good for customers.