HP Access Now Free of Charge, Available Through ResellersBy Jessica Davis | Print
HP is now offering the discounts, software, services and training for small business -- all part of HP Access -- free of charge. Reseller channel partners can provide HP Access to their customers who purchase an HP product.
HP Access’ discounts, software, services and training for small
business -- previously available for $49 -- is now being offered free
of charge to small business customers, both directly and through
HP channel partners can offer the program to their end customers who purchase HP products, according to the technology vendor.
To participate, customers request an access code and then receive an e-mail from HP with the information and a link to the HP Access Website. The program is available to new customers as well as those who have purchased an HP product in the last 12 months. Customers who purchase products from a channel partner will receive their access code e-mail from the channel partner, HP says.
"It’s a tough time for any small business right now and everyone is looking for ways to save money while continuing to grow their business," says Fred Bullock, vice president of marketing in HP’s Personal Systems Group, Americas, in a prepared statement. "By combining HP’s strengths with those of select partners, we are pleased to make it simple for our customers to save money immediately on things that can benefit their businesses."
HP Access’ the newly revamped Website provides a range of articles to help businesses with the following issues
- Starting a business
- Protecting what’s valuable
- Generating revenue
- Improving productivity
- Consolidating branch offices
- Greening a business
In addition, the site provides more than $1,000 worth of offers and discounts, including:
- Web design: The HP Access special price is $799 and provides businesses with a professional Website at an affordable price.
- Web domain hosting: HP is partnering with discount Yahoo Small Business for Web domain hosting at a discount.
- Credit card processing: A deal with Intuit provides a fee Intuit Credit Card Processing Kit, valued at $39.95, enabling transactions through major credit cards. The offer also includes a free software download from QuickBooks and QuickBooks Merchant Services for PCs that automatically enters the transaction into the accounting software.
- HP Secure Remote Access: HP is offering a 30-day trial of the service that the company says is a $249 value. Using Citrix XenApp Fundamentals, the remote access solution delivers Windows applications to users anywhere and on any device.
- Symantec Software Virtualization Solution (SVS) – one free license: This technology enables applications and data to be placed into managed units called Virtual Software Packages, enabling a business to instantly activate, deactivate or reset applications, to eliminate application conflicts, and to remove them cleanly without altering the base Windows installation, according to HP. The offer includes six months of Symantec basic maintenance and other exclusive rebates.
- Press release distribution: Designed to help increase visibility online, the free press release distribution from comes from PR Web and is valued at $80.
In addition, HP Access members are now eligible to receive a $50 to
$200 rebate on select server, storage and software products purchased
between July 1 and Oct. 31, 2009.
HP says that starting July 1 it will be refreshing the 2009 Trade-In and Save program. That means that in addition to getting the HP Access benefits, businesses will receive up to $1,000 cash back when purchasing a qualifying HP printer and trading in an old printer. Free recycling and shipping of the old printer are included.