Tech Data, Greenway Medical Technologies Sign Distribution Agreement for EHRBy Channel Insider Staff | Print
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
Tech Data is expanding the solutions available through its Healthcare Specialized Business Unit through a new distribution agreement with Greenway Medical Technologies for its EHR solutions and practice management software.
Tech Data has signed a distribution agreement with Greenway Medical Technologies and will offer solutions from that company, including its single-database electronic health records (EHR) through Tech Data’s Healthcare Specialized Business Unit. Tech Data will also offer Greenway’s practice management and interoperability solution, Primesuite. Greenway’s PrimeSuite centralizes patient records, clinical tools, billing, reporting, registration and other administrative functions of a medical practice in a single database. The solutions will help doctors qualify for the EHR adoption incentives created by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
"Tech Data now has one of the channel’s strongest healthcare IT solutions portfolios," said Barb Miller, Tech Data vice president, Services, in a statement. She added that the new partnership expands Tech Data’s Healthcare Specialized Business Unit, which made its debut in fall 2009.
Greenway says the Tech Data partnership provides it with access to thousands of IT resellers, enabling a better path to reaching end customers such as hospitals, clinics and doctors’ offices.
"We’ll work closely with Tech Data’s Healthcare SBU to ensure resellers not only have access to our solutions but also can take advantage of our training and technical support services so they can build successful, profitable practices that will achieve EHR Meaningful Use incentives and most importantly, improve patient outcomes," said Tee Green, Greenway President and CEO, in a statement.
In addition to the core PrimeSuite platform, Tech Data will distribute Greenway specialty applications from the PrimeSuite portfolio, including the following:
- PrimeExchange – Data exchange application providing interoperability internally within practices, as well as externally with affiliated healthcare organizations, public health agencies, regional Health Information Exchanges (HIEs) and national health information networks.
- PrimePatient – A secure Web portal enabling patients to go online to schedule appointments, fill out paperwork, manage personal medical history, view lab results, pay bills, request prescription refills and access health education materials
- PrimeResearch – Resource that provides doctors with access to a network of clinical trials, pharmaceutical research and financial benchmarking so healthcare providers can better treat their patients and strengthen operations
- PrimeMobile – Remote access to patient data housed in Greenway’s PrimeSuite database enables doctors to update notes, view labs, exchange data and conduct instant charge capture in any location or during hospital rounds via handheld devices
- PrimeRCM – A revenue cycle management solution that helps medical practices achieve financial goals by streamlining the collection, use and delivery of patient and claims information
In addition, resellers will get access to Greenway’s training and customer service. Tech Data said Greenway’s PrimeSuite will be available for hands-on demos and training in Tech Data’s new Healthcare IT Pavilion at the company’s Technology Solutions Center.